How to Build a Room in the Roof
Want to know how to build a room in the roof? Roof Space Renovators will help you make the most of that empty and unused attic space for more than just storage, we’ll show you how to build a room in the roof of your South East Queensland home.
We can even transform your roof space into another bedroom, study nook or any kind of room you want it to be.
We’ll help you make the most of the existing space in your home and add value at the same time.
The process for building a room in the roof
To give you a bit of an idea of what’s involved in changing your roof space into a room, here is the process we follow:
- Consultation – We’ll come out to the house, have a look and a discussion of what customer wants and give our professional opinion on what is achievable in the particular roof space.
- Provide an interim quotation based on this discussion.
- An engineer will visit (if required).
- We’ll then provide a fixed quotation for the project to go ahead.
- Obtain building approval (if required).
- Commence build.
- Structural work commences (including clearing the area, build of structural floor).
- Windows and ventilation are installed.
- Room framing.
- Gyprock lining.
- Plaster setting.
- Electrical works.
- Access (ladder or stairs) in complete.
Note: Council approvals are not required for a clean or deluxe storage room but if the room is converted into an attic living space, you will require one.
Benefits of roof conversion over house extension
If you’re trying to decide on adding extra space to your home but are struggling with what will work best for your family, here are a few reasons why converting unused roof space might be more beneficial.
- Uses existing space / floor plan of the home
- Small block sizes can limit traditional extensions
- More cost effective
- Trending concept
- Can provide stunning views (inner city & coastal areas)
Building an attic room versus storage space
As always what we build depends on the needs of the homeowner. A deluxe attic storage room or attic living room is complete with a structural floor and gyprock walls (second storey). So if it is a bedroom, study, games room etc that you require, this is the better option.
However we can construct a budget storage or a clean storage room, purpose built for storage only, if you are looking to utilise a space.
Either option is going to make the most of the attic space that is currently being unused and will also add value to your home long term.
Why Choose Roof Space Renovators
Here are just a few reasons to work with our team:
- We are a family owned and operated company.
- We have a genuine interest in helping homeowners make the most of existing unused space in their home.
- We know and understand what it’s like to have a growing family that needs more space.
- We only distribute and install the highest quality products.
How to build a room in the roof
Let us help you make a change to your unused roof or attic space today.
Roof Space Renovators’ service Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, Ipswich (and all areas in between).
Contact Roof Space Renovators’ for an obligation free consultation –
Phone – (07) 3889 6688
Email – [email protected]
Website – https://roofspacerenovators.com.au/